It lies just southeast of Mina on the route between Mina and Arafat.
Each year on the 9th day of the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah, after the waqoof-e-Arafat, pilgrims leave for Muzdalifah after sunset.
The distances to New York and San Fransisco were probably added in 1941 when the cantonment became a major base for the American support for the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theatre. Now it has been converted into Star Shopping Centre. Top left hand corner in the photo is where now Regal Chowk stands.
The distance to Warsaw may have been added after Partition when a large number of Polish pilots served in the Pakistan Air Force. The cinema is advertising Hands Up, which was a silent Western film released in America in 1917. Saint Andrew’s Church is also visible in the photo.
They offer Mughrib and Isha prayers together at Muzdalifah.
At Muzdalifah they collect pebbles which will be thrown in the Stoning of the Devil ritual in Mina during the next three or four days.
The town was later annexed to the British Indian Empire. It was commissioned by the famous philanthropist Eduljee Dinshaw in 1882. A church was initially built on the grounds of this cathedral in 1845, and was called St. The little old church also continued to function until it was destroyed by a storm in 1885. Holy Trinity Cathedral is situated on Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi.
We are not sure which one was shown in Star Cinema when the picture was taken. It will encourage the Admin to add more photos of Karachi. Another landmark is Zamzam Well, a miraculous water spring running since the times of Hazrat Ibrahim and has not dried up.It caters for the needs of ever-increasing number of Hajis.According to legend, the city started as a fishing settlement, where a fisher woman, Mai Kolachi, settled and started a family.The village that grew out of this settlement was known as ‘Kolachi-jo-Goth’ (‘The Village of Kolachi’ in Sindhi).